Saturday, February 19, 2011

Doodle Of The Week: The Great Space Bear

Hey everyone! Hope things have been going well with everyone. Although the last few weeks have been stressful, I've gotten over most of my work now and I was lucky enough to interview with Hallmark (along with the extra talented Tracy) and Zynga. I got some good feedback on my new portfolio. The advice I keep getting to be have a wider range of style within the portfolio to show off some different styles I can work in, so I'm currently going back to speed painting (inspired by the amazing Lady Garland). This is a piece of artwork for my art history class where we're working on creating our own religion. Mine is The Cult Of The Great Space Bear and we had to create a creation story, so in mine The Great Bear presses a handful of starts together to create the earth. I used a few textures I had created earlier to create a star field. Overall I was decently happy with the piece, although I feel I still have a long way to go before I've got a solid handle on this all. Hope you have a great weekend and make it an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment