Monday, September 13, 2010

Summer Gouache Paintings

Hey everyone! I finally got back to SCAD to start off senior year and now I have my scanner! Woo! I'm going to have a post soon about my new portfolio that includes my new artwork for senior project. Also this summer I bought a gouache kit so I can be like my heroes Lou Romano and Nate Wragg. I've never worked with it, but I think I've found my new favorite thing. The first painting was inspired by Lou's piece for the Totoro Forest Project that went on a few years. This is one of my favorite illustrations of all time and really has inspired me for the last year. I based my painting off one of my favorite memories where my dad used to take me down to the park by my house to collect fireflies during the summer. The grass is funky, but I'm loving the rest of it.


I drew a whale because, well I love whales.


No comments:

Post a Comment